I you have been following my blog or Instagram for a while you know I have a love for green smoothies. Ever since I tried a green smoothie a few years ago, I have been obsessed with them. They are so good and full of nutrients.
So, of course, I had to make myself a green juice as well. I have actually never made my own green juice before so this was a first for me. I have bought a green juice a couple of times and absolutely loved them but for some reason it never occurred to me that I could make my own. Well, those days are now long behind me. I am officially hooked on making my own green juices.
Obviously, I had to share my excitement with you guys. There was no way I wasn’t going to share a juice this good with you. But before we jump to recipe let’s talk about some of the nutrients in this babe. It contains cucumber, spinach, apples, and ginger so it’s literally bursting with nutrients!
Let’s start with cucumber. I am actually not a huge fan of cucumber. I do, however, like it very much in my juice. And there are just so many health benefits that comes with eating cucumber:
- Cucumbers are made of 95 % water which means cucumbers are a great source for hydration. Plus, water does wonders for you skin, which mean cucumbers are fantastic for your skin.
- Cucumber reduces your risk of cancer.
- Cucumber fights inflammation – again, this is good for your skin.
- Cucumber contains numerous antioxidants – also amazing for your skin.
- Cucumber supports your digestive health.
Now that we’ve covered cucumber let’s move on to spinach!
- Dark leafy greens like spinach are important for skin and hair and bone health. Spinach provides you with protein, iron, and minerals.
- Spinach lowers the risk of cancer.
- It lowers blood pressure.
- Spinach prevents asthma.
- And like cucumber spinach supports your digestive health.
Apples and ginger are, of course, also healthy foods that are bursting with nutrients as well. But I won’t go deeper into those to right now. I’ll do that in a different post. For now let’s go to the recipe!
- 250 g baby spinach
- 1 large cucumber
- 5 apples
- About a thumb size of fresh ginger - peeled.
- Process all ingredients in a juicer, stir and serve in two glasses.